The Good Life France Magazine

The Good Life France Magazine brings you the best of France - inspirational and exclusive features, fabulous photos, mouth-watering recipes, tips, guides, ideas and much more...

Published by the award winning team at The Good Life France

1 year ago

Autumn 2022

Discover Aix, the ‘Little Paris’ of Provence, the historic region of Beaune, a land of wine and castles. Beautiful Bordeaux and Normandy. The stork villages of Alsace and the pickled-in-the-past, post-card pretty perched town of Saint-Guilhem-le-Desert. Breath-taking Lavender fields in Provence, castles in the air in Dordogne. Exquisite Villefranche-sur-Mer and Nice. Discover what’s new, the best tours, recipes, a language lesson, practical guides and much, much more…

equire proof of no

equire proof of no claims from the previous three years which can be onerous when you’ve changed insurers each year. Another major difference is that French insurers really hate insurance gaps. The “off road” status doesn’t exist in France. You must be insured even if the vehicle is no longer in driving condition. A gap in your insurance record of more than 3 months is bad for your future premiums – and a gap of more than 6 months is most certainly going to be problematic. One big difference with French car insurance is that it’s the vehicle that’s insured – not the driver. You can allow anyone to drive your vehicle in France if you pay for increased excess which is not expensive. Most successful applications have the following elements in common: The certificate shows cover for at least the duration of your VISA and if this is not possible or if it ends before the VISA, then the certificate should mention that the visa insurance policy is scheduled for automatic renewal. It mentions that you’re covered for medical expenses and hospitalisation (not just hospitalisation). The medical cover should be for at least €30,000.00 The certificate should not mention any medical exclusions. It must cover your public liability in the EU and include a repatriation plan. If you fulfil these five requirements and if the rest of your file is complete, you should be off to a flying start with your visa application. Get in touch with Fabien Pelissier, find out more or apply for insurance at Applying for a Visa – medical Insurance If you’re a non-EU citizen and want to stay in France for longer than 90 days in a 180 day period you’ll need a visa. To begin you apply for a Visa Long Séjour (VLS-TS). Even If you want to live in France, you’ll need to apply for the one year VLS-TS. At the end of your first year, you’ll need to either renew your VLS-TS or apply for a Carte de Séjour (Titre de Séjour) which can be valid for up to ten years. When you apply for your VLS-TS, you’ll need to gather several documents that show things such as proof of your economic situation (bank statements etc) and most importantly, private medical insurance (PHI). The general information on the site is quite vague, especially for ‘tourist long-term visas’ – in other words, visas for retirees/early retirees or long-term travellers. If you want to stay in France for more than six months (and possibly request residency at a later date) then you’ll find more information on the TLS-contact website. One of the most common reasons for a refusal on a visa application is the insurance element. Fabien explains how to make sure your visa application is ‘French-administration-proof’… Brexit didn’t just impact the British, when it comes to applying for a visa, it also resulted in a tightening of rules for other non-EU citizens, including those from the US. After years of experience as insurance brokers and hundreds of Visa applications, we know that the type of insurance certificate is a critical factor that will determine the fate of your application. Moving to France, made easy Relocating to a new country can be frustrating and sometimes stressful, especially in a different language BUT DON’T WORRY French Connections HCB is your one-stop administration partner in France. HOUSE PURCHASES • RESIDENCY DOCUMENTATION • VEHICLE REGISTRATION PROCESSING • DRIVING LICENCE EXCHANGE • BUSINESS CONSULTANCY FINANCIAL ADVICE SERVICES • PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATION ...and a whole host of other support services. TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT HOW WE CAN HELP OR TO BOOK A FREE 15 MINUTE CONSULTATION, GO TO FRENCHCONNECTIONSHCB.COM OR SCAN THE QR CODE NEW FRENCH PERSONAL ASSISTANT SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE If you need on-going support having already moved to France, our monthly subscription service could be just what you need. For just 89€ per month, it will save you time and limit frustration while you enjoy your life in France. Contact us today for more information. +33 1 85 65 74 98 92 | The Good Life France The Good Life France | 93